Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Social Media Average Time on Site

A recent study conducted by the Wall street Journal
Social media has taken the internet by storm in the last decade. Facebook has proven to be the Giant of our time in 2012 topping over 800 million active users. I've heard stats from Google+, Pinterest, and other social networking sites about how many active users they have but the question I have is this. How long is the average user spending on the site? As an internet marketer and having a million social networks to choose from and use it seems daunting to have to have so many different SMM (Social Media Marketing) accounts. So I decided to do some research and I thought I would share it with the masses (or those that would like to know the recent study). A recent study conducted by the Wall Street Journal says Facebook tops the polls with it's average user spending 405 minutes of engagement on the website. That's almost 7 hours per visit! Next in line we have a tie for second. Blogging social network tumblr and the new interest pinning site called Pinterest. I've personally found and seen great results already from Pinterest. Meanwhile twitter and Linkedin are 4'th and 5th in line with 21 minutes for twitter and 17 minutes for Linkedin. MySpace is struggling at 8 minutes (I didn't event know it still existed) and Google+ is struggling to get just 5 minutes of a users time (Personally I use Google+ for about 20 to 30 minutes each visit, but then again I use a lot of Google Products so it easily syncs with my blogger, and other SMM options that I work on. All text links on this page are directed to my personal profiles for those accounts that I do use and the SMM links will take you to the Social Media Marketing section of my website. If you're interested to learn more about effective campaigns or are simply just curious about SMM feel free to connect with me and ask.

No comments: